Hi there. I wanted to propose a suggestion that would greatly improve the players' experience when it comes to farming metins. The idea is simple: change the formula in which the items that are dropped from a metin are distributed when it is destroyed by more than one player. The idea would be to try to be as fair as possible, since I have always believed that the metin default distribution does not make much sense and is quite unfair to the player who started the metin.
I have felt that it is quite unfair since always, and that any player who finds the metin almost finished, if he also decides to attack it in the end the drop will end up distributed almost evenly. We could say it in a less formal and more realistic way: if the player decides to steal metins and not respect the other players, he always wins, getting drop that he does not deserve.
If we put ourselves in ideal situations, what would be more fair is that in the following cases happen the following:
- If a player starts a metin and another starts attacking it after, the player who started it should get the entire drop.
- If two players start a metin at almost the same time, the drop should be divided equally.
- If a player had previously started a metin but at the end he did not finish it several minutes ago, the player who has retaken it should take the entire drop.
I can think of a series of criteria that could be applied to make it happen in the vast majority of cases. They are the following:
- When the metin is started by a player and it has lost at least 10% of its maximum life, and no other player deals damage during that time, the drop of the metin will become the player who started it completely. In the opposite case, the drop would be divided among the players who participated in an equivalent way.
- The previous case would not be valid if the last participating player has not performed damage to the metin for several minutes (for example, two minutes)
Of course, if the players are in a party, it would not apply any of the above criteria and would simply be distributed equally.
It is possible that some special cases may not be defined or the percentages or times specified can be readjusted, but I think that the idea of this suggestion is understood.
That's it. I hope the suggestion is well received by the community, and of course, sg2global staff