[Feature]Limit gold-flood

• Hello. It's a known problem of SG2, that yang flood and inflation is its' worst enemy. Today I'd like to battle that with my suggestion.

If you think about it, there are essentially 2 ways to decrease/limit yang flood, and inflation.

1) Reduce the amount of yang that players recieve

2) Increase the amount of yang players use

That being said, tweaking the amount of yang players recieve would take away from SG2's cool spots - being able to sell crap skill books/stones to NPC's is one of the best things on the server, and keeps many players happy. This is also where most of the yang comes from, and it creates some inconveniences, like: bonus yang drop in items/Item Shop being next to useless, and: leaving the game for a month or two (or a day or two after start) makes your non-item yang be worth a lot less than it was before you paused.

So I'd like to focus my suggestion on option 2).

Some basic solutions:

a) Increase the yang needed for upgrades - currently, the amount of yang needed for upgrades is realistic compared to the amount of yang among players, but in about a month, the players will have so much yang - and their items will be worth a lot more too -, that the yang needed for upgrades is usually 5-10% of what they spend on upgrade items. So simply up the amount of yang needed for upgrades by, for example, 2x, and after a month, 5-10x. It's a basic solution that takes yang off the players at every step of the game.

b) Increase the drop-rate of Alchemy, but also increase the amount of yang needed to upgrade them by a lot, and decrease chances of successfuly upgrading them. This means there will be more Alchemy upgrades, which cost more yang, therefore quite a bit more yang would be taken off the market than it is right now, which results in less inflation, and less gold flood.

Some more complex solutions:

c) Make shoppers pay a fee for selling items - Currently, the only price you have to pay in order to shop is a measly few hundred k - and your offline shop is on the way! My suggestion is implementing a fee on selling your items - the same way when you sell items to general store, it takes a 3% kingdom fee. The % taken off can vary anywhere from 0.5% to 5%, and it would be a great way of limiting the yang on the market. There are also multiple ways to improve this, for example implementing a limit of x yang taken on an item, or making the % taken off the item correlate to the price - the more you sell your item for, the less % is taken off.

I will add any extra suggestions I think of to battle the menace of yang flood.

Thank you for listening to my suggestions, if you have any ideas make sure to share them and let's battle the inflation before it even begins together!

Cheers, Byner ^^

• Here is the thing, since the economy is player driven and the yang being able to be generated is infinite, there will be an increase of yang owned by players no matter what. The system you suggest is really just a way to slow the end result, nothing more. In fact, increasing the upgrade cost 10x would mean a new player that farmed Bestial Archers and Bestial Generals for some FMSs will have to play 6-7kk if they want to try to upgrade it to +9 which is something a lvl 18-25 player cannot afford.

Another thing you missed is that if everyone has lots of money and everyone sells "expensive", everything a new player drops can be sold for the market price so that they will make lots of money too. Even more so, the start on this server is pretty generous. All a player needs is a 11x Medals and they can start farming Map2. Having played on the SG1 server I can tell you from experience that FMS+9 <30 avg is 30kk or cheaper if its ~Common~. All the gear with ~Common~ still remain relatively cheap even when a lot of yang is in the game .

• Here is the thing, since the economy is player driven and the yang being able to be generated is infinite, there will be an increase of yang owned by players no matter what. The system you suggest is really just a way to slow the end result, nothing more. In fact, increasing the upgrade cost 10x would mean a new player that farmed Bestial Archers and Bestial Generals for some FMSs will have to play 6-7kk if they want to try to upgrade it to +9 which is something a lvl 18-25 player cannot afford.

Another thing you missed is that if everyone has lots of money and everyone sells "expensive", everything a new player drops can be sold for the market price so that they will make lots of money too. Even more so, the start on this server is pretty generous. All a player needs is a 11x Medals and they can start farming Map2. Having played on the SG1 server I can tell you from experience that FMS+9 <30 avg is 30kk or cheaper if its ~Common~. All the gear with ~Common~ still remain relatively cheap even when a lot of yang is in the game .

The economy being player-driven has nothing to do with limiting gold-flood. You can put a stall, or atleast slow the inflation down. Slowing the inflation down should be an important thing to consider for many reasons, which you don't seem to understand. Like in the real world, inflation is a "nation"'s worst enemy. Take this metaphore, for example. In real life, you have a house. Your house's worth is $250.000. Cool, you have a nice house. You also earn $2000 a month. A year passes ( considering our server's inflation rate ), and you have a house worth $500.000. The value of your house didn't increase, but because of inflation, you can sell it for more. But you can also buy less stuff with it. Meanwhile you are earning $2500 a month from your job.

This means by the time the prices doubled - or gone up by 100% - your monthly income has only increased by 25%. To equal this in metin terms, the gold you get from mobs, as well as stuff you sell to general store, is going to generate you almost no value if you ever want to buy good items. (FMS +9 <30 avg is not a good item)

Meanwhile the Team is working on implementing lv 105, and on almost any server I see that fluid gold and drops you sell to NPC's are the main income of new maps, since it's hard to balance drops with older maps. This is going to be nearly impossible to do given SG2's inflation.

Now imagine you have 200kk right now on the server. You can nearly buy a perfect 6-7 bonus item with that much money right now. Your PC crashes, and you can't play the game for 2 weeks. You come back in 2 weeks, an aos is worth 5kk, and your 200kk isn't enough to buy an imperfect 6-7 bonus item. See the problem? A lot of people have unforeseen circumstances sooner or later when playing the game - whether it be their PC crashing, a job, exams,or a family member dying, etc etc. - that prevent them from playing for a while. Your yang that is NOT invested into equipment will be worth MILES less than when you stopped playing, and that is never a good thing to have.

The market is made by players. Indeed. Why does that mean that yang flood will always be there? These 2 sentences don't correlate to each other at all. Market prices are made by players - but both by buyers and sellers. If both buyers AND sellers have less yang, that doesn't mean that they are "dictated" a price they have to sell their item at. It only means that there will not be 398 quintillion 323 billion yang on the market after 2 months of play.

Why would low players give up because of these suggestions? Less money on the market -> your crap skillbooks / crap stones you sell to general store generate the SAME AMOUNT of yang, which is WORTH MORE. Please re-read my post and my comment and re-consider your stance after you understand the meaning of the words I wrote.

• First of FMS+9 25 avg. Not a great item, but also if you are a new player coming on the server in the near future you do not need a better weapon initially to do Orc Maze runs with a party or farm Map2; Dragon Valley; Sahara.

Second of all, While it is true that ~Mystic~ and better items will cost 5kkk+ in 2/3 months; the price of everything will rise with it, albeit disproportionately. The reason why high end gear will be so expensive is because its of low supply and high demand.

And a simple way to future proof your money on the server. Convert it to TP. Simple as that. The value of TP is always proportional to the amount of money in game. Two days ago it was 20kk for Odins and now its 35kk+. So if you wont your fictional 200kk to have the same value when you come from death in 3 weeks then buy some TP before dying. If your computer dies, well life happens sometimes and this is a game.

The money siphons are just going to slow the process down, nothing else.

One thing I think you do not get is that it is super easy to start farming in Metin2. You will not be the greatest farmer. Maybe only hitting lvl35 metins for 550 but even then when you drop a good item to sell you can then sell it for the current price on the market. But I guess you are the type of player that does not like it when after a moderate amount of playing cannot afford anything still and has to play for months on end just to buy 1 perfect item. That's my story so far on the Metin2SG server, but that grind is what makes me keep coming back to this 15 year old game.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the topics. IMHO the way the economy works is 100% player dependant and rewarding to the everyday grinders the most, just the way it should be. If someone is playing metin2 everyday for 2-4h and they have the best gear and poor that plays for 2-3months every year can't afford anything, then I am all for it. They put in the time, they got the result.