Future of this Server ?

• Hello,
    it's been a while since my last log-in here but during these days of Quarantine i decided to come back and have some fun on Metin2 and as usual SG is my first choice.
    When S2 started i invested a substantial amount of time here and i have both decent char and decent gear but the server looks so Empty if compared to S1.

What's gonna be of this server if the pop keeps decreasing ? Will it be merged into S1 ?
    I don't know what to do because playing here with such low pop seems kinda a waste of time... it was so full of people back when the server started :C

• Hello,
    it's been a while since my last log-in here but during these days of Quarantine i decided to come back and have some fun on Metin2 and as usual SG is my first choice.
    When S2 started i invested a substantial amount of time here and i have both decent char and decent gear but the server looks so Empty if compared to S1.

What's gonna be of this server if the pop keeps decreasing ? Will it be merged into S1 ?
    I don't know what to do because playing here with such low pop seems kinda a waste of time... it was so full of people back when the server started :C

As far as I know, the servers will not merge but yea there have been fewer players on the server. If you play on server 1 , you shall see it's worth to play as there are quite many players.

• As far as I know, the servers will not merge but yea there have been fewer players on the server. If you play on server 1 , you shall see it's worth to play as there are quite many players.

Yeah already logged S1 to check the situation but i really don't have time/will to start again from zero. It's kinda the reason why i posted here to know what will happen of this server when the pop will drop even more.
    It had a wonderful start and i didn't expect to find it so desolated after less than a year :(

• I am a new player here, and can tell you that this game can be 100% played with the amount of players there is.

Meh while i do agree that for now the pop might still be decent ( is there any PvP on the server... ? ) but what about next year ? What about the day it'll be dead ?
    Is it gonna be merged into S1 or closed ? How can you play not knowing if the server's gonna close in the next 6 months ?

• Meh while i do agree that for now the pop might still be decent ( is there any PvP on the server... ? ) but what about next year ? What about the day it'll be dead ?
    Is it gonna be merged into S1 or closed ? How can you play not knowing if the server's gonna close in the next 6 months ?

Code
    1. Good question!
  • How can you play not knowing if the server's gonna close in the next 6 months ?

Easy. I don't worry about what's going to happen in the server tomorrow. I just play the game today to have some fun.

If you spend everyday worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow, then what's the point of even playing?

• Easy. I don't worry about what's going to happen in the server tomorrow. I just play the game today to have some fun.

If you spend everyday worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow, then what's the point of even playing?

Metin is not a casual game you can play 30 minutes/day and "just" have some fun. It requires a lot of grind and considering i've met only one person in 3 days farming at red forest i guess there's also little PvP.
    This server had so much people ( less than a year ago ) that you easily couldn't set a shop in both ch1 and ch2 due to the limit, now you can't count more than 25 shops in Ch1 for each kingdom.

To cut it short, what's the point of grinding if the server won't survive the Summer ?

• This is literally what I do though. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this server isn't for you, or maybe Metin2 isn't the game for you.

I just don't like to throw money/time out of the window.

I've played enough Metin to know if it's suitable to me or not i'd just like to know if this server's gonna live past the summer because if i compare it to September 2019 i'm not so sure.

S1 just got the Fisherman of the Month event with TP as reward while this server is not getting it. This has to mean something.
    The complete silence from the Staff also says something.

• Hey Elspeth, any news about the main argument ?
    I'd like to come back to S2 because i'd hate to leave what i've built here but if it won't get merged into S1 in the future i think it might just be a waste of time :c

We've answered those questions about 3 billion times and told you guys from the very start that a merge is out of the question, just like a shutdown is also out of question.

• We've answered those questions about 3 billion times and told you guys from the very start that a merge is out of the question, just like a shutdown is also out of question.

Yeah i know it was out of question months ago, was just asking about the future because imho it's kinda pointless to play S2 right now.
    Thanks for the answer ^^